12/21/08

Thanksgiving 2008

For Thanksgiving, we spent some time with at the Harrison Sr. casa watching some pigskin on the tube, playing some pool (which I am NOT good at, considering I am pretty uncoordinated, this is unsurprising-how should I be expected to hold a stick steady and strike a ball, I ask you), helping cook a yummy meal, chatting with family across the miles, and just generally having a good time.

My parents were going to make the trip to Norfolk to see my grandma Norma, who was feeling under the weather but cancelled per her request-later found out she had shingles. Poor grandma! (She's much better now.) They instead spent the day with Grandma Myrtle & Aunt Sharon here in Richmond & ate & cleaned their house & then mom & I spent the rest of the weekend Christmas shopping & decorating for the holidays.

I was a little frustrated that my time off work was spent running around, but such is the life of an adult, right? At least I got to spend it with loved ones, and the food was sure good...


Joseph shootin' some pool like the pro that he is...

Listening to Camden singing "Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells!" at the top of his lungs on the speaker phone

A self-portrait shot of me & J's "muppet-face," as he called it. I thought it was funny, so I included it.

My tough husband with his equally tough brother who busted his chin playing turkey bowl that morning. "Jus' a flesh wound..."

Proof that Melody was on the speaker phone while we was chillin' (love you Melodita!)

No comments: