5/9/09

Happy Anniversary, J!





So a year ago, I wake up on my wedding day, and it's raining. I wake up today, exactly one year later, and...it's raining. What is it with us & rain? (Our wedding day, our honeymoon, get-aways...)

Actually, the sun has since come out, but I've been reflecting a lot on the past year. I feel so blessed to be married to Jared. (For the easily sickened, I might get mooshy, so feel free to skip this post.) He is such a positive influence in my life. He's so enthusiastic & positive & generous towards other people. He is laid-back & calming, & I totally appreciate that perspective. He is silly & goofy & fun, & I always enjoy being with him. And he is spiritual & service-oriented (in fact, he's out with the Elders Quorum right now, painting a house), & he truly is a good example to me of charity in action.

Everyday has felt like an anniversary day. He makes me feel so special, all the time. People ask me if I'm tired of Jared yet, & I can honestly say I'm not. We were good friends before we started dating, and now we just enjoy being together. He is my perfect partner in crime, and I can't imagine anyone else I'd walk through this crazy thing we called life with. 

I love you, Jared. Thanks for showing up to the temple a year ago. ;) I'm excited for the years to come!

3 comments:

Kelly M said...

Happy Anniversary!! you guys are darling together. Nothing beats being happily in love. Have a fun day!

Ginnie said...

jkiiiiiinnn

That was Cameron. He wanted to say Happy Anniversary, as did I. Hope you guys have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Mom