9/2/09

What the -

My wallet was stolen today. Stolen. I was "snacks shopping" at Kroger for my company (one of my fun new tasks that I actually don't mind so much) & it was stolen while I turned my back. I tried to convince the Kroger employees that no, I didn't lose it, only to sweep the aisles of the grocery store over & over by myself. (They didn't believe me so much.) Luckily my mom, Jared & a co-worker calmed me down, and then I had the presence of mind to rush to my bank to cancel my credit & debit cards. (Yeah. By the time I did that, all three of my credit/debit cards had each been charged, to the tune of about $1000 each. I was livid. I called the police & hopefully the evil soul who did this will be caught...)

I've spent the better part of my day at the DMV, two Police Departments, the bank & calling credit card companies. I'm "excited" to call the Social Security Office tomorrow...

I am just so mad. I feel violated & scared now. Not to mention wanting to punch this person in the face. I've worked hard for our little family's money, and so has Jared, and how dare someone take advantage of that?! I don't get these type of people. What drives you to steal someone else's livelihood, or to commit crimes in general? Grrrr...

I know I'm ranting. Part of me feels justified at being angry but the other part just wants - and needs - to let it go. I have never felt so taken advantage of, and I pray that Heavenly Father will help me let go of this anger & pride. After all, I know it's only temporal things that were taken. I understand that. But I am hurt & upset, all the same.

6 comments:

Melody said...

Aw, man! That is majorly lame! :( It's okay to rant. Totally justified rant, I'd say. Smile, babe. I love you!

Teresa said...

Luckily you acted fast & hopefully the spending spree has stopped! Sorry you had to go through this but now it's time to get out your fanny pack :>

Mom

Kelly M said...

Oh, that's so frustrating!! Please, rant away. My wallet was stolen out of my car in the middle of my senior year of high school and I felt so violated and vulnerable. The dumb thing about that was I didn't have any credit/debit cards at all, so all that sucker got was some measely cash and a whole bunch of senior pictures of my friends! Well, and a part of my innocence and trust of humanity. That's the lame part.

The fact that a part of you wants to get over it already is saying a lot. Like, that you are awesome. And that you'll be fine in a day or so. I know you will, because you really are awesome! Sorry about the bad day.

G Sauce said...

Oh and I didn't mention yesterday...

Just remember you can get all of your money back from the CU and CC companies it will just take a little time for all the paperwork. Also security cameras should be able to catch the person stealing from you.

Think of it as an opportunity to buy a new wallet and get bright new pretty cards.

Sorry Chicka!

Martha said...

My credit card was stolen and some guy named Herbert in Kansas was buying nasty stuff on the internet. The credit card company didn't make me pay for the charges. It will all get fixed. You caught it in time.

Amy said...

uh, yikes.... bc you guy were rolling in the dough to start with... im so sorry!!!