9/27/07

Who woulda thunk it?

The job search is still ongoing...I find myself praying for patience rather than any particular guidance, because I'm not really receiving any answers right now. I've thought about going back to school, but from a financial standpoint, it doesn't really make sense, plus, there's nothing I'm really passionate about doing at this point in time (other than paying off my loans & getting out of debt). I've applied for all sorts of jobs across the U.S. and even thought about moving to be closer to Ginnie & Chad and Cameron, but no one seems to want to even interview me (even if I do state that I'm willing to relocate on my own). And the job market in Richmond is going down the tubes lately with lots of layoffs at major area companies...I'm having a hard time even finding temp jobs that make anything close to what I was making at my last job.

I know this sounds kind of doom-and-gloomy (and actually I'm not in a bad mood today, just stating how things are going), but the upside of all this is that I've been spending more time at the gym and have absolutely fallen in love with yoga. Who woulda thunk it? I have absolutely no flexibility nor much stamina, but I love the breathing and concentration needed to get through some of the poses. Totally relaxes me. Plus, I've been having some lingering back pain from my car accident last year, and most of the poses we do stretch and open my back up so that I feel better after my sessions are done. I'd like to think I'll lose weight doing yoga, but I know my body - and my body's love for cookies - better than that. One thing at a time, one thing at a time. :)