6/24/07

The Doobies

Last week I had a crap week. I mean it. Things are rather frustrating for me at work right now, and I'm trying to find the best way to handle it, but it was just one heck of a week. In the midst of the week was a concert at Innsbrook after hours, and initially I really didn't want to go. I was just grouchy...grouchy about work, about having to wake up in the morning (for you not-so-much-morning people like me), and grouchy about having to sit in the sun outside for a concert of bands I really didn't know. But my mom had gotten my dad tickets to see Little Feat and The Doobie Brothers and he was so excited to go, and she got bronchitis, so I volunteered. I'm actually really glad I went. It was almost like the daddy-daughter dates of yore...fun, relaxed times with dad just hanging out, chatting, and listening to good music. Both bands were really good, and I had quite a fun time watching rather drunk people dancing like there was no tomorrow. Plus I watched dad while the music was playing, and he just had this silly grin on his face the whole time. I knew he was really intent watching the bass player especially, trying to figure out all the rhythms and fingerings for the songs being played. I could see he wondered where his life would be if he had taken that route of pro musician. I know sometimes he wishes and wonders, but I'm glad he took the route he did. Heck, I wouldn't be here if he didn't...Dad's a great guy, and I had a good time with him that night. It was the main highlight of an otherwise stressful week.

Little Feat

The Doobies! (Not that I smelled any joints as soon as they came out...um...)

Dad loves him some good ol' rock and roll.

2 comments:

Ginnie said...

CUUUUUUUTE! I like this post. Glad you and dad had fun.

Suzie Soda said...

I was there too..didin't known you were. Cindy Dial and I went and had a blast. Thnaks for coming last night.